Tuesday, July 2, 2013

30 Days of Creativity…Day 30!

For my last day of the creativity challenge I’m going to share a watercolor that I did for my mom for her birthday.  My mom likes hollyhock flowers – she says they are an “old fashioned” flower.  When she was young, she said that there were hollyhocks everywhere.  You don’t see them much anymore (not in Minnesota anyway).  So, I thought that I would do a painting for her of this pretty flower.  The original painting is an 8x10 done on Arches hotpress watercolor paper.
 
Hollyhocks for blog
 
This is a photograph of hollyhocks that I took at Munsinger Gardens in St. Cloud...I used it as a guide when doing my painting.
 
Hollyhocks
 
So, that is the end of my challenge.  I really liked doing this, and I’m sure that I will give myself more challenges like this in the future. 
 
 
Until next time…
 
Church for blog
 
I’m hoping everyone will have a safe and fun 4th of July weekend!
 
All Praise to the King,
Jane  <><

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I would love to hear from you!