Saturday, June 29, 2013

30 Days of Creativity…Day 27

Several years ago I went on a photo retreat in southern Minnesota with my camera club.  We were in Amish country, so our challenge was to capture Amish images without taking photos of the Amish people (they do not want pictures taken of themselves).  I was thrilled to find this beautiful scene on the side of the road of two Amish teenagers selling quilts.  They were very sweet, and gave me permission to take pictures.  This is one of my favorite shots of the day…
 
amish quilts for blog
 
I shot the photo in black and white.  This was before digital, so I printed it in my darkroom.  I then hand-painted just the quilts with Marshall’s Photo Oil Paints.  Fast forward several years…I scanned the photo into my computer.  Using my “Photoshop Essentials” program I was able to add the yellowing tint and scratched border to give it an old, worn look.
 
Until tomorrow…
 
“From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another.”  John 1:16
 
May your day be blessed,
Jane  <><

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I would love to hear from you!