Friday, June 14, 2013

30 Days of Creativity…Day 14

Today I thought I would share some decorating creativity.  I’ll start with a wall in our living room.  I found these cute ornate frames at Michael’s and they were surprisingly inexpensive (maybe because they have no glass).  My original thought was to paint them, but when I saw how they looked unpainted, I decided to keep them just the way they were.  I filled them with photos of our family.  “Thankful, Grateful, Blessed” are the words that come to mind when I think about my family!
 
DSC_9229 blog
 
Next is a wall in my studio.  I recently rearranged the grouping to include my collection of vintage children’s watercolor paint tins.  The rest of the items are mostly things that inspire me.
 
DSC_9233 blog
 
My husband, Gregg…
 
DSC_9249 blog
    
Some of my favorite watercolor sets…
 
DSC_9244 blog
 
A fun little shelf that I found at an occasional shop...
 
DSC_9253 copy
 
I took some wire, and bent it into a photo holder.  This is a photo taken a couple of years ago of me with my brothers, sisters, Mom, and Dad…
 
DSC_9250 blog
 
Wonderful quotes by Corrie ten Boom…
 
DSC_9292
   
More family photos.  I found this tie rack at an antique store when treasure-hunting with my Mom.  I thought it would be a fun way to display photos…
 
DSC_9305 blog
 
My Dad’s old camera and darkroom timer…
 
DSC_9286 blog
    
And last, but not least, this lovely lady.  I painted her back in the early 70’s.  I know, she’s pretty groovy…
 
DSC_9310 blog
 
Until tomorrow…
 
“How kind the Lord is!  How good He is!  So merciful, this God of ours!  The Lord protects those of childlike faith;  I was facing death and then He saved me.”   Psalm 116:6
 
May God bless your weekend,
Jane  <><

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...I would love to hear from you!