Thursday, February 16, 2012

Treasure Hunt

Garage sales, thrift shops, flea markets, antique stores, occasional shops.  These are a few of my favorite things.  I consider it an adventure when I go on the hunt for treasures at any of these places.  Hubby Gregg is a pretty good sport when it comes to accompanying me.  The problem isn’t that he doesn’t like to go to these places...the problem is that we have different opinions on the amount of time we should spend at one.  Gregg can go in, do a walk through, and be ready to go in the time it takes me to take my coat off and say hello to the shop owner (OK...I’m exaggerating a little).  You’re probably asking, “why not just go with someone else?”  Well, sometimes I do, and I love the time spent with people who share my love of the “hunt”.  It’s just that Gregg is my favorite person in the world to spend my time with...he’s my best buddy.  I like having him by my side as we stroll the aisles pointing out all of the fun treasures of our childhood as we share the memories that go along with them.

Anyway...once a year on my birthday, part of my gift is a treasure hunt with no time limitations.  Gregg is not allowed to even look like he wants to leave until I’m ready...this makes me very happy.  Well, I recently had a birthday :)

Here are a few of my finds...
DSC_4863 copy  A lovely set of candle holders in my favorite color.

DSC_4868 copy
DSC_4871 copy
Vintage watercolor paint sets to display in my studio.  I’m starting to collect these…they aren’t easy to find.


DSC_4855 copy
Pretty silverware…I like when they’re tarnished.


DSC_4860 copy
This is one of the things that I like to do with my old silverware.  I plan on doing a tutorial for this in the future.


DSC_4874 copy
A wonderful vintage tablecloth in my favorite colors.


DSC_4896 copy
Several yards of this fabric.  I don’t think it’s that old, but I love it…Oh, and guess what color it is…my favorite!  I might make a shower curtain out of it, or use it for picnics.


DSC_4900 copy
DSC_4890 copy
And last, but not least, some old sewing notions and buttons.  You can never have too many buttons.

Until next time…

A wonderful quote from Nicole’s blog

“The safest place to be is in God’s will.”

Blessings!
Jane  <><

“For I am not ashamed of the Gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes…”        Romans 1:16

7 comments:

  1. Looks like you hit the jackpot! Happy Birthday!!! I especially love the silverware.
    Danette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that - the safest place to be is in God's will.

    Anyway, I would gladly pop along on a treasure hunt with you - if I lived anywhere near you.

    But I am also with you on the thought that your husband is your fav person to go on one with.
    I really love to have my husband with me on those occasions.

    In fact, we go most Saturday mornings up to a vintagey/second-hand shop in our village. Or sometimes in to town to the farmers market every month or two.
    And it has taken some years of doing - but he loves going now too.
    I think the fact that there is usually a cafe stop mixed in too helps.

    What a find those watercolours are - Ive never even heard of those brands.
    And Im waiting on the bird/spoon tutorial.....

    cheers
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to go treasure hunting with you! If I'm ever in Australia (hopefully, some day) we will have to do that...or, if you're ever in Minnesota :)...

      Delete
  3. Looks like you found some wonderful things on your treasure hunt. I think it's a lovely idea and I may have to persuade my husband to do it with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The silverware with a bird and nest on it is so adorable! :) Anyway, your treasure hunt collection is beautiful, and it’s amazing that some of them are old and classic. Wow! Your birthday will always be something worth looking forward to each year. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosalinda! I still want to do a tutorial on the bird and nest...I'll have to get on that!

      Delete

Please leave a comment...I would love to hear from you!