Thursday, December 1, 2011

My First Blog Post!

I know that writing my first blog post shouldn't be so hard for me, but it is. Ironically, my fear of doing this is one of the reasons why I'm starting a blog. This thought gave me inspiration for my first post. So, here it is, the top 3 reasons that I am starting to blog...

1. I have a brain that seldom shuts down when it comes to creativity. Sometimes I feel like my brain might explode. I'm hoping that by sharing my ideas on a blog, it will give me the outlet that I need, and give my brain some much needed rest.

2. I Strive to honor God in everything I do. This blog will give me a place to share my love for Christ, and to acknowledge the many ways He has blessed all of us.

3. I'm a bit of an introvert. I am hoping that by blogging, it will help to bring me out of my "shell", and maybe I will even make some new friends - I often find myself longing for relationships with women who share my love for Jesus and creating :)

So, there it is. Oh, and I can't sign off on my first post until I give a big "thank you" to my wonderful and talented daughter, Mary. She has been pushing me to start a blog for months now. She also took the time to teach me how to navigate through Blogger...no small feat given my lack of computer skills! Most likely, Mary will be my only follower for awhile :) ...and I'm OK with that.

                               Here are a few samples of my artwork...




Here are a couple samples of my photography...




This is my first time putting pictures on...they might not be quite right (wrong size or pixelly).  I'll work on this.

If for some reason, you made it to this blog, thank you for stopping by!

Blessings,  Jane  <><

4 comments:

  1. Yey Jane!!! I'm SO excited for you, and super happy that you felt the fear and did it anyways! Your creativity and sharing your gift with others is beyond amazing! Much love in Christ sister, Bethany.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your first post mama! Can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Sounds like you have many interests. I love your artwork! Blogging is great for introverts - much less stress than talking to a crowd of people ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I especially like the black & white print with the blue bird - lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I would love to hear from you!