Thursday, December 29, 2011

Let It Snow ... please

I love Winter, and I love snow.  Brown Christmas's are very rare in Minnesota.  The week before Christmas I was sad because we had no snow...none.  It makes it difficult for me to even feel like it's Christmas without a blanket of snow on the ground.  This is really going to sound weird, but I resorted to shutting the blinds in our house so that I could at least pretend that it was cloudy and snowing.  It's like I have "Seasonal Depression", only my depression comes from bright, sunny days in the Winter (I also like cloudy, rainy days in the Summer).  Strange...I know.

My sweet husband (Gregg) and I have gotten pretty lazy when it comes to gift-giving.  We will just tell each other what we want for Christmas, or sometimes just buy it for ourselves.  It's usually something functional. Sometimes we even skip getting gifts for each other because we already spent a chunk of $ on something for the house.  OK...I am going somewhere with this story and the gift thing does tie into the snow thing - here it is... While feeling kinda sad for the lack of snow last week, Gregg gave me an early gift that he said "would make me feel better".  It did.  I received the prettiest little necklace!




Yup, that's a snowflake!  It was one of the most meaningful gifts anyone has ever given to me.  His thoughtfulness was just what I needed to get me out of my slump.  I had forgotten what it felt like to be surprised and delighted by a thoughtful (and non-functional) gift from the man I love.  I didn't think it mattered anymore, but I was wrong.  I am definitely going to be putting more thought into the future gifts that I give to Gregg, and I hope that I can make him feel as special as he made me feel with my beautiful snowflake necklace. 

A joyful heart makes a cheerful face...  Proverbs 15:13

Jane <><

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! That is the perfect gift for you. It's just beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I would love to hear from you!